The minimal minimalist

like william tell i overtured!i went nuts with small squares of reds, long oblongs of yellows and rectangles of blue, every stroke of black made me challenge what i was thinking. to think a single stroke of black challenging the mind. but my hunger did not end i need to absorb more knowledge of how to compose work, like GALATUS DEVOURER OF WORLDS!
i stood back from my new project [being that of supremacy over abstract art.. in the form of lesser supremacy] "what if i took away from what was already somewhat minimalist?" there seemed to be more sense in statement than i thought. [not that i realised at the time but this is exactly what my mind and soul was to need in the not so far future]
so i started a series... of two paintings... [i am unsure how any paintings is needed in a series, so lets just say its a minimalist series] which was a single underestimated line and a block of stark color.

when i had finished i was astounded as per the response that these paintings were receiving. my mind was confused, why can something so little in quantity stir so many feelings not just within myself but from other people as well. it was not terrifying but it was something close. it was the feeling of "heck what the hell do i do here", you know, like the first time you make love to a woman, or the first time you see a giant moth. it was to this i decided that i should consult the De Stijl manifesto [possibly my new religion, i figured bhudda would not mind saying my faith around] so as i knew what i should be feeling..... incidentally it told me to relate this back to the individual and then to the universe as a whole. dividing, yet bringing together the old and the new.

No comments:

Post a Comment